Sunday, April 12, 2009

first meal in shenzhen

I spent almost all my time in Chun Feng Road in Shenzhen. My pa brought us to a restaurant opposite to our apartment on the first day. The specialty in this restaurant was their 瓦缸煨汤, the picture shown below is how they simmer the soup inside a big clay cylinder. We ordered the coconut soup, and it tasted really 'sweet'. I guessed it was good for my skin. 




Other than that we ordered fried latter 豆苗 ( which is very popular in shenzhen), chicken in claypot 三杯鸡,fish steam with black bean source and lotus simmer with pork rib. Those were all traditional southern chinese cuisine, its tasted very special to me. Unlike chinese restaurant in Malaysia, most popular dishes are sambal and curry. However, I do prefer Malaysian chinese food, can't live without sambal belacan. LOL! One meal without sambal is fine, but no more than that!



No comments: