Monday, June 8, 2009

Bali Day 2 - On the way to Pura Besakih

It was a long day for my second day in Bali, thus I devide it to 2 parts. Our main destination was to Pura Besakih, the biggest and important temple in Bali.

We started our journey in a pleasant morning, everything was so beautiful in Bali. They like to arrange flowers in many ways and everywhere. I took this picture in my hotel's lobby, red roses petals and egg flowers floating on water in a wide round glass plate.

We had our 'brunch' at a paddy field side restaurant, my 'tam chiak' dear was happily satisfied by the delicious asam fish head and natural breeze.


A farmer was working on the paddy field, it was real and not a show. It had been a long time I never see this scenery in Malaysia. What a great memory recall!

After the meal, we continue our journey, it took almost 2 hours to the destination. I took this photo on the road, there were many tall bambo sticks with yellow 'flag'. I guessed it was something related to the balinese hinduism custom.

When almost reach Pura Besakih, we saw a house holding wedding ceremony. The Balinese use a lot of leaf weaving to decorate their house on the ceremony.

Their handcrafts were so neat and beautiful. I really loved to learn weaving from them if I could stay for 1 month. lol!


I shot the wedding car too, it was not so pretty decorated, but I liked the way they kept in their balinese hinduism style.

No comments: