Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My garden wedding decoration at E&O Hotel, Penang

I remember the first time I went to E&O Hotel when I was 10, I had my 1st grade piano practical examination there. Although It was before the restoration and I was nervous of my exam on that time, but these didn't ignore me for admiring the beauty of the heritage. No doubt, It become more magnificient after the restoration. I have always been interested in vintage things, so I chose E&O hotel for my wedding.

I had my wedding vow at the Verandah Garden. Our garden decorations were fairy tale and vintage inspired. There were white calla lilies, white roses, white lisianthus, white orchids and green leaves every where.
The wedding cake was in white sugar paste, decorated with some fresh white lisianthus and orchids.


My bridesmaids each dressed in green skirt and holding a small posy of flower. Well, don't they looked like tinkle bells!


Bridegroom and best men were in simple white shirt and black suit. They were all so gorgeous!



For myself, I wore a self-design satin wedding gown, it was simple and elegant, thanks to Auntie May who made this for me. Inspired by the Greek goddess, my make-over artist, Anderson Chu set a messy side braid hairstyle for me. And I really like it so much!

13 comments:

Mil said...

Hi Liang Liang, I was searching for reviews on E&O hotel garden wedding and I came across your blog. Great wedding you had there! Mind to share with me how is the food like? I plan to have my wedding here too next year.

LiangLiang said...

Hi Mil, thanks for visiting my blog. We took the international buffet package for our wedding reception. I was too busy on that night and didn't eat much. But, the feedbacks from the guess were quite good, there's a lot of variety and the food was delicious. I think they serve one of the best buffet dinner in town. I hope you would have a wonderful wedding too next year! Congrats!

Sam said...

Hi Liang Liang, congratulations on your wedding, awesome wedding you have there.I am actually looking for info of garden wedding in Penang as well. May I know roughly how much it cost you for the garden wedding in the E&O, including the theme set up and decoration, food etc? We plan to have a garden as well!

LiangLiang said...

Hi Sam, I had my wedding vow and a cocktail session in the Verandah Garden and dinner buffet indoor.
They charge 800++ for the garden wedding set up ( including sound system, chairs with chair cover, table for cakes and champagne fountain, table and chairs for wedding vow). The flower decorations were done by myself and my assistants( you see, I am a florist :P). While the buffet they charge for 90++ per person. If you need more detail on the price, you may contact Mr. Jasvinder, the event manager. He is really good and we thank him for making the whole process run smooth and awesome!

Unknown said...

hi LiangLiang,

may i enquiry to u, where they set up the dinner for u? their buffet cafe or other ballroom?..when did u had ur wedding dinner? friday/saturday?

very much appreciate if u can reply me.

tloo9302@gmail.com

LiangLiang said...

Hi TL, I had my buffet dinner indoor, it's a function room, but nice heritage interior. I will show u some photos. But u need to wait for another 2 weeks, as now i am in japan. And the wedding was on saturday.

hsl said...

Hi liang liang, do you actually provide services of wedding venue decoration just like what you did for your own wedding? If you do, could you please give me your email address? Thank you.

LiangLiang said...

Hi hsl, oh ya, I can actually do wedding deco as my wedding, u may email to angelfloristgift@yahoo.com if u have any enquiry. :)

Emily Neoh said...

hi, i am also surveying and i found your post. i have ask e&o to give me a quote. compare to your price last years, now the price increase to RM1400++ (for 3 hours) & no table for cakes and champagne fountain & no cocktail ! T.T. i am wonder whether they can add in some light refreshment for me or not. sigh..

Ele said...

Hi Liang Liang,

My name is Ele and I had sent an email to angelfloristgift@yahoo.com to enquire about your wedding deco services for my wedding reception. Just wondering if you have received it, if not could you please get in touch with me at ellacy@hotmail.com.

Many thanks in advance. Hope to hear from you soon.

Unknown said...

Hi Liang Liang, we are also having a small garden wedding at E&O Hotel this March and are currently exploring options for wedding decorators. Will you be able to help?

LiangLiang said...

Hi Daphne,
Sure, email me at angelfloristgift@yahoo.com, we can discuss further.

LiangLiang said...

Emily, their business is so good recently, no wonder price has increase... :(