Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What will be, will be

What's your dream when you were small? Would you want to be a doctor, a lawyer, an engineer, a teacher, a flight stewardess or a super star?

When I was 5 years old, I wanted to become a doctor. This was due to my papa worked as a medical assistant in hospital. Too much influence from him. He helped a lot of people and many admired him. In fact, he is my idol until now.

When i was 10, I changed my ambition, I wanted to be an astronaut! Nothing special, I thought that's the highest ambition a human can have. I wanted to be a superwoman!

Well, when I was 16, again I changed my ambition, haha! I dreamed to own a fashion boutique. I started to read some fashion magazines. I won't miss the latest fashion of the season. I wanted to bring all the most beautiful and latest fashion to my customers. At that time, I was a shopping maniac! Any outdated clothe, shoe or bag would make me uncomfortable.

Finally when I grew up, i became a civil engineer. After a few years, i changed my job, I'm a florist now! That's a drastic change for me. But I love my job currently, it's so much fun that a civil engineer will never imagine. I always believe that people should always have a dream or ambition. Life is short. If time and situation allow, I wish to try and experience another career life, at least another one.Maybe I'll be a lawyer? What do you think? Must be tough and full of adventures, right? Or maybe I just be a housewife, take care of my husband and kids. Hm... that makes me think of a song, my mom taught me to sing when I was small:

When I was just a little girl

I asked my mother: "What will I be?

Will I be pretty?

Will I be rich?"

Here's what she said to me:

"Que sera, sera~~

Whatever will be, will be

The future's not ours to see

Que sera, sera ~~

What will be, will be"

2 comments:

Ooi Beng Hooi said...

This is a song I will never forget.

It was sad to know how difficult and tough the challengers the singer, Doris Day had gone through, especially her marriage lifes.

I like the lyrics. It has some influences on me...

Life is full of decision makings and more often than not, we are not able to know and may never know which is indeed the best option.

Anyway, life goes on and WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE...

LiangLiang said...

Beng Hooi, ya... there is no right or wrong choice... just follow your heart, that's the best choice.