Wednesday, December 17, 2008

East meet west


Finally, I have my X'mas mix with CNY window display done today. I remain the bear hand bouquet in cone shape ( like a X'mas tree), soft toys and snow sprays on the glass, but replace the X'mas tree with some CNY theme artificial and dry flowers arrangement.


I get my inspiration for my main theme decoration from a display in an art gallery in Salzburg, Austria. The materials are available here, glass vase, feathers, rattan ball, dry yanagi and dry palm leaves. I love the combinations and the use of orange and red color. Due to the limited space, I only make one instead of 3 decorations. I need to allocate other more commercialize items for the window display, though this might affect the overall appearence. I try to find balance between art and commercial, by hoping this can attract more people to come.

No comments: